- Quality hotel pillows range in cost from $18 to $50 or more. And the price of down continues to escalate faster than inflation.
- Pillow-Fresh can clean and restore a pillow for $12 to $15 depending on size, construction and condition.
- We are working on reducing our costs to allow us to clean more of the lower priced synthetic pillows.
Pillows should be replaced every 2 to 3 years at minimum (per industry experts). Most hotels keep pillows in service way past this timeframe.
- Pillow-Fresh kills dust mites and removes them from the pillow. This is the primary reason people are allergic to feather/down.
- Discarding the old cover eliminates the sloughed skin, and body secretions that build up over time.
- UVC/Ozone kills bacteria, viruses and mold that live inside the pillow.
- Down and to a lesser extent feathers and synthetic filling become compressed over time.
- The agitation caused by the equipment allows the filling to regain its lost loft.
- The cleaned pillow will be lump free and look and feel like new.
- Broadmoor Resort has been using the technology since 2008, and has virtually eliminated the need to purchase new pillows.
- Celebrity Cruise Lines has a machine on each of their ships, eliminating 85% of their pillow related landfill waste.
- Interstate Hotels implemented pillow cleaning as a sustainability initiative at the Hilton Concord, CA and saved $15,000 the first few months.
- Pillow-Fresh has cleaned pillows for several hotels in NYC and done sample pillows for over 30 hotels, representing over 15,000 rooms.